The LIMNA symposium "Central regulation of...
TRAVEL GRANTS - Morgridge Institute for Research, Frontiers in Metabolism meeting
Two scientists were awarded after the additional travel grants competition to attend the Morgridge Institute for Research, Frontiers in Metabolism meeting - Mechanisms of Metabolic Diseases - Madison, WI, USA
Elena Katsyuba, postdoctoral researcher at EPFL, in the Laboratory of Professor Johan Auwerx
Bao Khanh Trang, PhD student at the CIG, UNIL, in the Laboratory of Professor Béatrice Desvergne
Bao Khanh Trang
Congratulations to them !!!
NEW ARTICLE : Kei Sakamoto
Article | Published: 27 August 2018
Metformin reduces liver glucose production by inhibition of fructose-1-6-bisphosphatase
Roger W. Hunter,
Curtis C. Hughey,
Elias I. Sundelin,
David H. Wasserman &
Nature Medicine volume 24, pages 1395–1406 (2018)
Morgridge Metabolism Meeting: Frontiers in Metabolism – Mechanism of Metabolic Diseases - September 17-19, Morgridge Institute for Research in Madison, WI, US
Registration for the Morgridge Institute for Research, frontiers in Metabolism Meeting, is now open.
This meeting is conducted in partnership with UW-Madison and the Lausanne Integrative Metabolism and Nutrition Alliance (LIMNA). It will bring together a diverse group of scientists who investigate the basic mechanistic underpinnings of metabolic disorders and pioneer new approaches for probing and quantifying metabolic processes.
Link to the registration page and information: HERE
Please note that if you have questions about the registration, the contact email is : firstname.lastname@example.org
LIMNA TRAVEL GRANTS - SECOND CALL 2018
Five young scientists were awarded following the second 2018 LIMNA travel grants call.
- Yoan Arribat, post-doctoral fellow in the laboratory of Prof. Francesca Amati, Department of Physiology & Institute of Sport Sciences, UNIL, to attend the EMBO Workshop: Membrane contact sites in health and disease, on September 21-25, 2018, in Arosa, Switzerland.
- Antoine Cherix, PhD student in the laboratory of Prof. Rolf Gruetter, Laboratory for Functional and Metabolic Imaging, EPFL, to attend the Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, on November 3-7, 2018, in San Diego, USA.
- Sriparna Ghosal, post-doctoral fellow in the laboratory of Prof. Carmen Sandi, Laboratory of Behavorial Genetics, EPFL, to attend the 11th FENS Forum of Neuroscience, on July 7-11, 2018, in Berlin, Germany.
- Mukul Girotra, post-doctoral fellow in the team of Nicola Vanini, Prof. George Coukos laboratory, Department of oncology UNIL-CHUV, and in the Laboratory of Prof. Olaia Naveiras, EPFL, to attend the 60th ASH Annual Meeting & Exposition, on December 1-4, 2018, San Diego, USA.
- Jake Yeung, PhD student in the laboratory of Prof. Felix Naef, Computational Systems Biology Laboratory, EPFL, to attend the EMBL Conference - From Functional Genomics to Systems Biology, on November 10-13, 2018, Heildelberg, Germany.
Congratulations to all of them !!!!