PhD student in Neurophysiology
The Center for Integrative Genomics of the University of Lausanne invites applications for a PhD Student position in the research group of Dr Sophie Croizier. The Croizier lab works on the role of guidance molecules in the formation of hypothalamic circuits controlling energy and glucose homeostasis. For more details, please consult the current website of the group: https://unil.ch/cig/home/research/sophie-croizier
Expected start date: 01.09.2021 or to be discussed
Contract length: 1 year, renewable, maximum 4 years.
Activity rate: 85%
Workplace: University of Lausanne, Center for Integrative Genomics (CIG), https://www.unil.ch/cig/home.html
The successful candidate will work on the lab project to determine the role of EphrinB3 in the excitability of POMC neurons and its role in type 2 diabetes etiology. This work will rely on multidisciplinary approaches including microscopy/image analysis, stereotaxic surgeries, electrophysiology, and mouse physiology.
In order to complete our team, we are looking for someone with the following skills:
• Experience in histological approaches
• Experience in mouse physiology (glucose homeostasis)
• Authorization for animal experimentation is advised.
• Dynamic, and enthusiastic student with a master thesis in life science, interested in working in a highly interactive environment.
• Excellent command of oral and written English
What the position offers you
We offer a nice working place in a multicultural, diversified and dynamic academic environment, opportunities for professional training. Possibilities of continuous training, a lot of activities and other benefits to discover.
Contact for further information
Sophie Croizier, PhD
Please send your full application in pdf. The complete application should contain:
• Motivation letter
• Curriculum vitae including lists of publications, conferences, awards and a description of experimental skills.
Prospective applicants can apply directly to the PI or through the UNIL careers website: https://career012.successfactors.eu/career?company=universitdP&career_job_req_id=17463&career_ns=job_listing