Postdoctoral position in mitochondria, energy metabolism & disease
The group of Prof. Alexis Jourdain at the University of Lausanne invites applications for a postdoc position. Our laboratory is at the interface of gene expression, systems biology and metabolism to study mitochondria and their roles in energy metabolism. Several projects are available in the laboratory and use similar approaches to address questions related to:
- Mitochondrial remodeling during cellular differentiation (immune cells, muscle)
- Mitochondrial gene expression and mitochondrial RNA granules, mitochondrial myopathies
- Nucleotide catabolism for energy production (“uridinolysis”)
We are a dynamic team of international researchers composed of 2 postdocs, 2 PhD students, 1 master student and 2 technicians. The expertise present at the Department of Immunobiology and the University of Lausanne, as well as our ongoing collaborations with laboratories at the University of Geneva, CHUV and EPFL offers an ideal place for a postdoc to thrive. The spoken language in the team and the department is English.
Learning opportunities: genetic screening (CRISPR/Cas9-, ORFeome-based), genetic engineering, molecular biology, quantitative proteomics, metabolomics, confocal and super-resolution microscopy.
Further information can be found at: www.jourdainlab.org
Expected start date in position: flexible, around 01.12.2022
Contract length: 1 year, renewable 2x 2 years, maximum 5 years
Employment rate: 100%
Workplace: Biopôle, Epalinges (Lausanne area)
In your activities, you will have to :
- Lead independent research project(s)
- Supervise Master students
- Contribute to collaborative team projects
In order to complete our team, we are looking for someone with the following skills :
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic for science, determined and team-player are a must
- Ph.D. in a relevant discipline, e.g. metabolism, mitochondria, immunology
- At least one original 1st author manuscript published or close to publication (incl. in BioRxiv)
- Experience working with cell culture models
- Strong spoken and written competency in English (French is not necessary)
Are a plus:
- Experience with mice
- Knowledge in bioinformatics
- Eligibility for postdoctoral fellowships (e.g. EMBO or similar)
What the position offers you
We offer a nice working place in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. Opportunities for professional training, a lot of activities and other benefits to discover.
Contact for further information
Prof. Alexis Jourdain (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tél : 021 692 57 41
(email is the preferred method of contact)
Deadline : 15.10.2022
Please, send your full application in Word or PDF.
Only applications through tinyurl.com/bdz6sav2 will be taken into account.
We thank you for your understanding.
UNIL is committed to equal opportunities and diversity.
UNIL supports early career researchers.